Environmental Impact Assessment Studies
Welcome To Idma Laboratories Ltd.
Idma Laboratories Ltd. is a pioneer in the vast fields of Environmental Management Services to clients all across the Country with expertise in Dams, Power Projects – Thermal, Hydro, Nuclear, Power Transmission Lines, Railways tunnels, Highways, Petrochemical Complexes, Shopping Malls, Hospital Complexes, SEZ’s, Industrial Complexes, Mines, Townships, Sewage Projects etc. The list is endless.
Idma Laboratories Ltd. seeks to utilize its extensive pool of intellectual capital for adding value to the efforts of Mega Industrial & Infrastructure Projects in India and abroad by providing World Class Environmental & Quality Project Management Services
SERVICE CAPABILITY - ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES DIVISION
1. Pre- feasibility stage analysis on environmental issues for investment decision Before commencement of the detail project study it is always beneficial to check prefeasibility of the project with respect to Environment and social aspects. Pre-Feasibility studies provide an overview of barriers, key issues in implementation of the project, making a preliminary evaluation of its feasibility, provide alternative options and to make preliminary recommendations.
2. Comprehensive Environmental Studies
3. Project specific EIA’s & SIA’s Environment and Social impact assessments are important and essential tools for ensuring sustainability of new developmental projects after thorough understanding of potential (positive and negative both) impacts as a result of developmental activities on various environmental attributes. This exercise enables full understanding of the impacts of proposed actions and ensures framing appropriate mitigation measures in the development plan. The services include all stages of EIA/SIA ranging from Scoping to making technical presentations to regulatory agencies on specific complex issues.
4. Specialized Studies Like : Environmental Risk Analysis and Disaster Management Plan : Environmental Appraisal and Audit | Project Specific Baseline Data Survey and Sampling | Physical Environment like Air quality, Water quality, Noise, Soil, RS-GIS based assessments, Hydrological and Geological aspects Biological Environment like Flora, Faunal element, Aquatic ecology Socio Economic Component
5. Downstream Studies Looking at the rapid pace of hydropower development in the mountainous regions, it is being increasingly recognized that downstream stretches of river sections need to be protected for survival of riverine characteristics and aquatic ecology. In this regard, appropriate downstream flows must be identified and earmarked looking at the flow series required to be maintained for supporting the aquatic flora and fauna of the river stretch by enforcing adequate mitigatory measures. Similarly, greater emphasis is being laid on understanding cumulative impacts of any hydropower project specifically in relation to dam-break analysis, proximity to biodiversity rich areas, and competitive downstream uses. For undertaking such specific studies, Idma has In House experience of undertaking planning and execution several hydropower projects spread in different parts of Himalayan region.
6. Impact Analysis and Prediction Impact prediction is a technical exercise which utilizes physical, biological, socio-economic and cultural data to estimate the likely characteristics and parameters of impacts (e.g. magnitude, spatial occurrence etc.). A range of methods and techniques may be employed. These can be a continuum from simple methods for impact identification to advanced methods, often involving the application of mathematical models. Anticipating the quantum of change, efforts were also made to analyze the degree of alternations and strategies for suitable management to mitigate the negative impacts project activities. This exercise has provided a sound basis for formulation of different management plans.
7. Environmental Management Planning :
Environmental Management Plan (EMP) is aimed at mitigating the possible adverse impact of a project and for ensuring to maintain the existing environmental quality. The EMP converses all aspects of planning, construction and operation of the project, which are relevant to environment. It is essential to implement the EMP right from the planning stage and then continuing it throughout the construction and operation stage. Therefore the main objective of the EMP is to identify the project specific activities that would have to be considered for investigation of the significant adverse impacts and the mitigation measures required.
• Biodiversity & Wildlife conservation • Rehabilitation & Resettlement studies • Catchment area treatment • Solid waste management plan • Restoration and landscaping • Green belt development • Muck disposal and management • Disaster Management plan • Local area Development plan • Reservoir RIM Treatment plan • Environment Monitoring plan
8. ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING :
Assistance in conduction of Public Hearing Project Specific additional clearances like NBWL clearance, Tribal Clearance, etc if required Technical Advice on Environment Issues /Court Matters (Review of documentation and background information of Project including DPR, EIA/EMP etc, preparation of Affidavits, Counter Affidavits etc and coordination with advocates and project authorities), preparing replies etc. Preparation & Scheduling of regular compliance reports as per the statutory requirements of the State Pollution Control Board & Ministry of Environment and Forests in a time bound manner. Implementation & Monitoring of Environmental Management Plan as per EIA/EMP and Terms & Conditions of Environment Clearance including R&R Plan and Local Area Development Activities on regular basis. Identification of key issues, preparation & implementation of suitable mitigation measures on regular basis. Environment Monitoring (Monthly monitoring of Meteorological, Air, Water, Noise, Soil parameters etc). Environmental Policy Formulation
9. FOREST CLEARANCE
10. WILDLIFE CLEARANCE AND OTHER STATUTORY CLEARANCE AS REQUIRED FROM THE CONCERNED DEPARTMENTS.